The CDC, FDA and USDA have no reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest coronavirus can be transmitted by food or food packaging. U-pick operations are unique with customers going into the field or orchard to do their own harvesting. As a result, Demarest Farm has put the following rules in place for the 2021 peach picking season.
Scheduling your pick your own trip to the farm:
- When we get closer to the PYO season (approximately July 8) we will post a reservation system, on the Pick Your Own Peaches Page on our website, demarestfarms.com/
- We will also announce on social media. (Facebook)
- You MUST MAKE A RESERVATION, on our system. This will give you a date and time to arrive at farm. This way we can manage proper social distancing and COVID 19 regulations.
- You WILL NOT be able to purchase tickets at the farm market for pick you own.
- Visits will be limited to your reservation time frame.
- When arriving at the farm you will be directed to a designated parking area for PYO.
- Face coverings are required while outside of your vehicle and while picking your fruit.
- We ask that people arriving in the same vehicle stay together. When approaching other clients please always observe social distance of six feet.
- A Farm employee will check you in and give you the appropriate bags you ordered for picking your fruit. We then ask you to utilize a hand washing station and wash your hands, then apply hand sanitizer (we provide sanitizer).
- The pick your own area will be marked out with one way direction signs to make rows easy to maneuver and provide ample spacing between clients.
- Once you have completed picking, please again wash your hands at one of the stations and proceed back to your vehicle.
- No hayrides will be available at this time. Please wear the proper shoes for walking on uneven surfaces.
- No outside items such as strollers, backpacks, pocketbooks, etc. will be allowed into the orchard area. Farm personnel will be monitoring the situation closely.
- Outside food, beverages, and picnics are not allowed in the orchard.
- Sampling of fruit is prohibited.